We picked my dad and step mum up at the airport…as they were returning from their Easter holiday in Houston where my sister is currently living with her husband and son (she is currently pregnant again with a daughter).
They had bought loads of presents for us. Loads of summer outfits for the girls…at least four each, some jeans a little handbag and a beach towel for each of them. They even brought a few items for me.
The girls were so excited and wanted to try each item before I tucked them in. They love cloths…
We are seeing them again tomorrow as we HAVE TO Give back their car.
- Me: I am a bit upset that I didn't get an Easter Egg
- Lilly: But mummy, you are a grown up and grown ups don't get Easter Eggs.
- Me: But you got two and that isn't fair.
- Lilly: But you can share mine. When ever you want something all you have to do is ask.
- Me: That is too kind of you Lilly. But I want you to enjoy your own Easter egg without having to share if you don't feel like it.
- Leah: Hands me one of her Easter eggs (the one that had the smarties chicken inside) Mummy, this one is for you.
- Me: Thank you sweetie (takes the egg from her and shake it). Sweetie, that is just cruel. You gave me an empty egg.
- Leah: (laughing her ass of and takes the egg back)
- (Shortly after she hands me the same egg and hands it too me)
- Me: Leah, do you think you will get me to fall for the same truck twice. I am not that stupid.
- Leah: (Keeps trying to give me the egg) Please, mummy. Take it...it is for you!
- Me: I am not going to let you trick me twice (but I still took the egg). See, it is empty (shakes it but it is far from empty). Little Miss Smarty Pants you tricked me yet again. The egg isn't empty as you let me to believe. Thank you so much sweetie. That was so kind of you.
- It warms my heart that my girls are willingly sharing their treats.